Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Tetris Trio

I've finished a mini-collection of my Famicom collection, I call it the Tris' Trio. I've always had a love for puzzle games, from Dr. Mario to Picross. But Tetris is just the quintessential puzzle game. I mean, who didn't own at least one copy of this game for the NES, Game Boy, or LCD keychain (if you catch my drift. This game was everywhere!).

Tetris, Tetris 2 + Bombliss, and Hatris - three quality puzzle games from Bullet Proof Software, and all complete in box. Kind of makes you want to cry a silent tear of joy.

famicom tetris 2

Basic Rundown:
Tetris: Textbook Tetris. Downside? Down on the d-pad rotates the piece instead of dropping it. Who came up with that? Many a four-row move has been lost as a result of this asinine control scheme.

Hatris: Tetris, but less fun and with hats instead of tetriminos.

Tetris 2 + Bombliss: Finally, two player Tetris! Not to mention, they fixed the ridiculous control scheme present on the first Famicom version. Oh, plus another game that's alright, I guess.

What do you think; is Tetris boring or awesome? What's your favourite puzzle game?

No comments:

Post a Comment